Claims can only be made against DOD-Approved TSPs. A list of current DOD-Approved TSPs and their corresponding Standard Carrier Alpha Codes (SCACs) and modes can be found by accessing GFM's Approved Carrier List on the GFM Home Page under the Applications header.
- Classified, protected, and hazardous materials (HAZMAT) shipments:
- Regardless of value, Classified, protected, and HAZMAT discrepant cargo will have TDRs recorded; however, those valued at less than $500 will not be forwarded to a Claims Office.
- Motor, *Air, Barge, Rail, and Pipeline shipments:
- Claims for discrepancies in DoD shipments valued at less than $500 are to be filed locally using established claims procedures.
- Ocean shipments
- For ocean movement, TDRs valued at less than $1,000 per shipment are documented, reported, and further settled at the local level.
- Security Cooperation Program (SCP) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) shipments:
- Regardless of value, SCP/FMS discrepant cargo will have TDRs recorded; however, those valued at less than $500 will not be forwarded to a Claims Office.
- Air Mobility Command (AMC), Commercial Contracted Air, and International Air Tender shipments:
- Procedures are established in the DTR Part II, Chapter 210 Paragraph J.
- Unclassified, unprotected, non-hazardous, and non-SCP/FMS shipments valued at under $100 do not require claims action of any type (TDR or local).
Supply discrepancies, inclusive of item, packaging, and documentation discrepancies, attributable to the responsibility of the shipper or consignor. Report these type discrepancies under official Supply Discrepancy Report (SDR) guidance contained in DLM 4000.25-M, Defense Logistics Management System, (DLMS), Volume 2, Chapter 17, Supply Discrepancy Reporting, at