Our Mission: Provide global traffic management, supervision and advice for Department of Defense (DoD) international surface and multi-modal cargo movements within the Defense Transportation System (DTS).
(1) Administer the Ordering Officer program per USTRANSCOM Acquisition Directorate guidance.
(2) Develop and maintain policies, procedures and business rules to standardize the booking process across the Command.
(3) Coordinate and verify compliance of all cargo booking efforts IAW USTRANSCOM distribution guidance.
(4) Develop and maintain qualitative and quantitative statistics and metrics on booking and reconciliation volumes and performance.
(5) Work in collaboration with Brigade and HQ planners, CORs, commercial carriers, Contracting Officers, documentation and accounts payable personnel to execute, monitor and reconcile contractual agreements with ocean carriers for the movement of international surface shipments from origin to destination through the DTS.
(6) Monitors international, economic, diplomatic, and transportation developments in order to assess impact on DOD shipments, and recommend corrective courses of action.
(7) Provide guidance to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program Managers on the surface capabilities for moving cargo within the Defense Transportation System.
(8) Serve as Functional Manager for Integrated Booking System (IBS) Sustainment Program working with the transportation community to continually improve automated support to optimize efficiencies and customer service.
(9) Monitor the Direct Booking process for compliance with applicable contracts and laws governing VISA priority and approve Foreign Flag Waiver request.
(10) Process One Time Only (OTO) rate request when no rates are available in existing contracts to support the mission.
(11) Attend planning meetings with USTRANSCOM and other entities to represent booking enterprise at the strategic level.
(12) Solicit Market Surveys and CONOPS from ocean carriers to support customer and G3 Planner request for available service to support forecasted missions.
(13) Perform Command Inspection Program assessment of brigade booking office and staff assistance visits as needed/required.