Our Mission: Provide global traffic management, supervision and advice for Department of Defense (DoD) international surface and multi-modal cargo movements within the Defense Transportation System. Serve as the responsible Ordering Officer for distributing and administering orders for services placed against all appropriate contracts. This process must fulfill the requirements of movement as defined in the Defense Transportation Regulation (DTR) and based on the Enterprise Executable Plan (EEP) in order to meet shipper's requirements while complying with contracts, policies, guidance and regulations.
(1) Administer the Ordering Officer program per USTRANSCOM Acquisition Directorate guidance.
(2) Make booking decisions based on assessment of performance risk, best value, Cargo Preference Act, and USTRANSCOM regional engagement effort selection criteria.
(3) Coordinate and verify compliance of all cargo booking efforts IAW USTRANSCOM distribution guidance.
(4) Work in collaboration with Brigade and HQ planners, CORs, commercial carriers, Contracting Officers, documentation, and accounts payable personnel to execute, monitor and reconcile contractual agreements with ocean carriers for the movement of international surface shipments from origin to destination through the DTS.
(5) Provide guidance to FMS Program Managers on the surface capabilities for moving cargo within the Defense Transportation System.
(6) Serve as Functional Manager for IBS Sustainment Program working with the transportation community to continually improve automated support to optimize efficiencies and customer service.
(7) Monitor the Direct Booking process for compliance with applicable contracts and laws governing VISA priority and approve Foreign Flag Waiver requests.
(8) Process OTO rate requests when no rates are available in existing contracts to support the mission.
(9) Solicit Market Surveys from ocean carriers to support customer and G3 Planner requests for available service to support forecasted missions.
(10) Functional Manager for Pipeline Asset Tool (PAT) – Lift On Board (LOB) Portal.