Any person can file a FOIA request. A FOIA request is a written request for DoD records, made by any person, including a member of the public (U.S. or foreign citizen), an organization, or a business, but not including a Federal agency or a fugitive from the law that either explicitly or implicitly invokes the FOIA, DoD Directive 5400.7, or DoD Component supplementing regulations or instructions. Requests may also be made through an attorney or other representative on behalf of any person. No special form is required; however, the request should be labeled as a “Freedom of Information Act Request" and provide a reasonable description of the records requested. You must also state a willingness to pay any search and review fees.
You can request documents under the FOIA by electronic mail, letter, or fax. Requests must include the following information:
• Full Name of the requester
• Business name (if applicable)
• Telephone number
• Email address (if applicable)
• Fax number (if applicable)
• Whether the requester wants documents in electronic format or mailed.
• Willingness to pay fees and up to what dollar amount.
• If requesting a fee waiver, the requester must state the basis for the waiver.
• Purpose of the request, commercial, educational, media, or other, must specify.
Requests for information under FOIA may be sent to the following:
• Electronic Mail: Send FOIA request by e-mail to SDDC FOIA Office
• Mail: FOIA requests can be sent by mail to the following address: Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command ATTN: AMSD IMO-CR (FOIA Officer) 1 Soldier Way Scott AFB IL 62225-5006.
• Fax: Fax requests to (618)220-5678.
The Information Management Directorate operates the SDDC Reading Room, which contains select documents that have been requested several times under the FOIA. These are called FOIA Processed (a)(2) Records. It may contain responsive records and information to many requests made under FOIA.
(a)(2)(A) Records: No Records Currently Available
(a)(2)(B) Records: No Records Currently Available
(a)(2)(C) Records: No Records Currently Available
(a)(2)(D) Records: No Records Currently Available
For more information, please contact the
SDDC FOIA Office